Learn How To Use Slim Cycle Control Panel!
The Slim Cycle control panel instructions will help in describing how the buttons and mode settings work on the control panel to monitor your exercise workout. The control panel screen has buttons where you can set specific settings for your workout. This information will be helpful if you should have lost or misplaced your owner’s manual.
You get to do exercising in the comfort of your own home and on a schedule you want. It’s all up to you.
Before you begin your exercise routine, you must set up some specific goals for each of the settings. Each of these settings will be discussed in detail below. Part of this setup is making selections for the time of the session, distance to travel, calories to burn during the session, and the pulse and heart rate to name a few.
Control Panel Screen Buttons
Let’s take a closer look at each of the buttons on the control panel display screen and see how they work. The three buttons that are displayed are at the bottom of the control panel screen.
Display Screen Buttons
These buttons are the circles you see at the bottom of the display screen.
RESET – Clears data from the selected mode.
- To reset all stored information from a previous workout, press reset for 3 seconds.
- Note: Pressing reset does not clear total exercise miles (ODO).
MODE – Select the mode.
- To reset all information from the previous workout, press RESET for 3 seconds. Removes the information from the mode selected.
- Note: It does not clear total exercise miles (ODO).
SET – Create programs for a new setting for the mode selected.
- To increase setting more quickly, press for 3 seconds. Release and press again to program a new setting.
Display Screen Options
The display turns off after 4 minutes when not in use. This saves the battery life.
SCAN – Cycles through all the functions below. Press MODE button to make a selection. There are 7 mode setting options and they are described below.
- TIME – Press RESET to time a workout or SET to program a countdown timer. When the countdown reaches 0, an alarm will sound. Press any button to turn off the alarm.
- SPEED – Displays estimated MPH (Miles Per Hour). No changes can be made to this mode setting.
- DIST – Press RESET to display the distance in miles for the current workout or SET to program a countdown from a distance goal. When the countdown reaches 0, an alarm will sound. Press any button to turn off the alarm.
- CAL – Press RESET to display estimated calories expended during current workout or SET to program a countdown from a calorie goal. When the countdown reaches 0, an alarm will sound. Press any button to turn off the alarm.
- ODO – Displays the total exercise miles traveled of all workouts. No changes can be made to this mode setting.
- PULSE – Press RESET to display the heart rate or SET to program a target heart rate. User must hold the heart rate monitor grips on the handle bars for heart rate to display on the screen. Whenever the target heart rate is surpassed, an alarm will sound. To silence the alarm, just remove hands from the heart rate monitor grips or press RESET.
Each of these modes can be useful in monitoring any weight loss for your exercise workout. It is highly recommended that prior to using the Slim Cycle Bike, determine beforehand what each of the modes should be. Determine how many miles a day for the workout, calories to burn, and time on the bike etcetera.
Display Screen Flutters or Does Not Work
There may be times when you see the display screen starting to flutter. Or, may not even come on. This could be a sign that the batteries need to be changed.
Before calling customer service at 1-888-784-2835, try installing fresh batteries. The unit requires 2 AA batteries which were included with the unit. They do wear out over time. The battery life will vary depending upon the use of the bike. I would use alkaline batteries for longer life. If the screen comes on as normal after installing fresh batteries, your problem is solved. If not, then call customer service for assistance as there may be some other issue. At least, you can inform customer service that you replaced the batteries and the problem still exists.
This is a great exercise bike. It has all the tools you need for shedding some of those extra pounds. It also has a place for you to store your phone during the workout. You can even place the bike where you can see the TV.
This bike can be used by all the members of the family. What is nice about this bike is you don’t have to go the gym or Fitness Club. You save money on the membership fees.
Now, you get to take your exercise program into your own hands and even in the comfort of your own home.
If you are interest in purchasing this bike, click Here! We have an article that describes the features of this bike.
Go back to the Pros Cons Shopping home page.