Sleep Comfortably Using A Mattress Cover
Do you experience problems when sleeping at night? All of us like to have a comfortable night’s sleep. If you suffer from allergies, perspire, or have asthma, it is possible that your mattress could be the problem. But, you say how? Your bed could have dust mites and bacteria that can cause some of these medical conditions. What you need to do to combat these invaders is begin using the SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector Vynyl PVC Phthalate Free mattress protector. This really does the job. It protects your mattress from dust mites, bacteria, liquid spills, allergens, and perspiration. This is just what the doctor ordered.
The mattress protector covers from SafeRest are known for their protection against dust mites, fluids, and bacteria. It’s important to reduce dust mite exposure so sleepers can control their sleep environment in reducing allergies and better air quality. Nobody can completely remove all of the dust mites in the home, but, you can reduce them and their effects they have on humans.
To ensure a great fit, an elastic band is used on the side skirt to automatically pull excess material under the mattress.
You can periodically wash the mattress protector with your sheets to remove dust mites and other allergens. The company recommends that you wash them quarterly for the best results.
Mattress Protector Cover Video
Below is a short video on this mattress protector cover. Take a look!
Some other nice features of this protector is it contains no vinyl, phthalates, flame retardants or PVC’s. It is certified for individuals who have allergies, asthma, eczema or incontinence. The product is also registered with the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device.
The protector cover fits mattress up to 14” deep for the Twin, Twin XL, and Full. It fits mattress up to 18” deep for Queen, King, and California King.
The material is made of cotton and protects against dust mites, bacteria, fluids and comes with a 10-year warranty for your satisfaction. It comes in the following sizes for your convenience:
- Twin XL
- California King
This protector offers protections against dust mites, fluids, and bacteria. It has a soft cotton surface that’s breathable, cool, noiseless, hypoallergenic and has a 100% waterproof membrane layer. Cotton terry naturally absorbs moisture and is completely noiseless.
The cover is completely machine washable using normal detergents that do not contain bleach. Just tumble dry on low heat and do not use an iron on the material.
You might be asking does this protector work with inner springs, latex or memory foam. Yes it does. Regardless of the type of mattress you may have you will be surprised on how well this cover works.
The cover comes in six sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King. It has an elastic band that will ensure a great fit and you can pull the excess material under the mattress.
The Differences Between Dust Mites and Bed Bugs
Many people get confused with dust mites and bed bugs. They do have their differences. For instance, dust mites are .5mm in size (they are microscopic and cannot be seen with the naked eye) and beg bugs are 5mm in size. Dust mites are white while bed bugs are reddish-brown in color.
- How They Feed – Dust mites feed on the dead cells of humans that humans shed while sleeping. Bed bugs feast on the blood of any warm-blooded mammals that include humans and pets.
- Natural Habits – Dust mites prefer dark, moist environments like pillows, mattresses and cushions. Bed bugs hide in the crevices close to the bed and in other parts of the bedroom. For instance, behind headboards, underside tables, in curtains, and in carpet.
- Health Effects – Dust mites pack a powerful punch because of their excrement that causes allergic reactions like asthma, rhinitis, and eczema. But, they don’t bite. Bed bugs bite and leave small itchy red marks on the skin.
- Dust Mite Allergy – Dust mite allergies include the following: sneezing, runny nose, itchy, red watery eyes, stuffy nose, itchy nose, mouth or throat, itchy skin, cough.
- Prevention of Dust Mites – Cover mattresses and pillows in zippered dust-proof covers. Wash sheets and blankets weekly in hot water. Try to avoid wall-to-wall carpeting. Wash rugs in hot water. Keep the humidity in your home to less than 50%. Please note: You cannot completely eliminate all dust mites but, you can reduce their effects.
- Prevention of Bed Bugs – These creatures feed at night. Cover mattress and box springs using zippered covers. You can pick up bed bugs from hotels, going to the movies or trying on clothes. If you suspect bed bugs on clothes, just place them in the wash and dry cycle. Non washables can be placed in the dryer on high heat for 20 minutes. This kills all bed bugs and their eggs. Steam is another method of killing bed bugs on pillows, curtains, and blankets. Hot boxes is another method of removing bed bugs. Be sure temperatures are above 122 degrees F. You can place shoes, blankets, clothing, and luggage in a hot box.
Protector Sizes: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, & California King
Dimensions: Twin (39” x 79” x 14”), Twin XL (39” x 80” x 14”), Full (54” x 75” x 14”), Queen (60” x 80” x 18”), King (76” x 80” x 18”), California King (72” x 84” x 18”)
Weight: Twin (1.4 lbs.), Twin XL (1.4 lbs.), Full (1.5 lbs.), Queen (1 lb.), King (2.6 lbs.), & California King (2.6 lbs.)
Material Type: Cotton
Machine Washable: Yes
Cover Fits All Types of Mattresses: Yes
Warranty: 10 Years
Customer Service: 1-888-714-7408
In The Box: 1 Mattress Protector
Product Rating & Customer Reviews
This product is rated 4.3 stars by over 36,740 customers which is very good. You can read all of the reviews about this product by clicking Here!
Questions People Are Asking About This Product
Below are a sample of a few of the questions people are asking about this product. You can read all of the 1000+ questions by clicking Here!
Question: Is it breathable? My son tends be warm when he sleeps; will this make him sweat?
Answer: We have been using it for about two weeks and so far it has been very comfortable. I usually get very warm when I sleep too, so that was a big concern in our decision making, but this seems to keep us nice and cool. It is very thin and not at all “plasticky”.
Question: What materials is this product made of?
Answer: According to the packaging — SLEEP SURFACE: 80% cotton and 20% polyester terry cloth LINING: 100% polyurethane laminate SKIRT: 100% polyester, exclusive of elastic.
Question: Will this product work on memory foam beds?
Answer: Yes it will.
Question: Does this cover the whole mattress top? My mattress is about 10 inches and I find the fitted sheet style protectors don’t reach the edges.
Answer: Both mattress I have are 12 inches and both are completely covered.
- Protects against dust mites, bacteria, and fluids.
- Machine washable.
- It’s made from cotton terry that absorbs moisture and is completely noiseless.
- Covers will fit all size beds (Twin, Full, Queen, & King)
- It contains no vinyl, phthalates, flame retardants or PVC’s.
- Does not protect against bed bugs.
- Made in China.
Shop Mattress Protector Cover
Now, you can purchase the mattress protector cover for the size bed you own. You will be taken to Amazon where you can place the order. Below are all of the cover sizes. When you click on the image of choice you will be at the Amazon ordering page for that cover size You have the option to select a different cover size.
|Twin||Twin XL||Full||Queen||King||California King|
Did not find what you were looking for? No problem. Enter a search term in the Amazon Box below to search on Amazon for other products.
Go back to the Pros Cons Shopping home page.
SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector24.95 (Twin & Twin XL), 25.95 (Full), 26.95 (Queen), 34.95 (King & California King) Prices subject to change without notice.
Protects Against Dust Mites, Bacteria & Fluids9.0/10
Material Is Cotton Terry Which Absorbs Moisture9.0/10
Covers For All Bed Sizes9.0/10
Contains No Vinyl, Phthalates, Flame Retardants or PVC's9.5/10
- Protects Against Dust Mites, Bacteria & Fluids
- Easy to Wash
- Material Absorbs Moisture
- Covers For All Bed Sizes
- Contains No Vinyl, Phthalates, Flame Retardants, or PVC's
- Does Not Protect Against Bed Buds
- Made In China.