The Steam Iron That Does It All – Rowenta Steam Iron DW5080
The Rowenta DW5080 steam iron has 400 Steam holes that provides excellent steam distribution. It has features like auto-cleaning, anti-drip and uses tap water too. The handle has a comfortable grip and has a smooth glide soleplate for fast ironing.
At 3.4 pounds it will provide enough pressure for easy ironing out those nasty wrinkles. If you have drapes and hanging garments that have wrinkles to be removed, this iron works vertically to get the job done.
This iron is one of 7 that we recommended in a prior post. You can check them out by clicking on the following link: The 7 Best Home Steam Irons.
Video Self-Cleaning the DW5080 Iron
This is a short video on how to use the self-cleaning feature on the DW5080 iron. Take a look!
Let’s look at some of the features of this iron at a glance.
- 400 steam holes on the soleplate for even steam distribution to remove wrinkles quickly
- Anti-drip lid – Prevents water from leaking
- 7.5’ cord
- 1700 watts of power – Uses less watts than it’s competitors
- Stainless steel soleplate – For smooth gliding over ironed clothes
- Angled precision tip – Perfect for navigating hard-to-reach areas like collars and buttons
- 3-Way auto shut off system – Saves energy and prevents the risk of burning
- Auto-cleaning system – Instructions included for performing this activity every 2 weeks
- Anti-calcium system – Removes impurities and minerals from the tap water to prevent build-up and blockage and increases life of iron
- 10 Ounce water tank – Long lasting steam for ironing
- Vertical steam – Allows you to steam iron drapes and hanging clothes
- Variable steam – The dial lets you choose the amount of steam for fabric type
- 100g/min steam burst – Provides steam burst on demand to remove stubborn wrinkles or creases
- Heat setting options for nylon, silk, wool, cotton, and linen
- Uses tap water – Eliminates buying distilled water
- Made in Germany – I own several German products and they are excellent
- Translucent water tank window
- Ideal steam output based on fabric being ironed
- Easy control thermostat knob – Easy steam control for any garment type
- Allows for dry ironing
The Auto Shut-Off Feature
The auto shut-off feature works as follows:
- 8 minutes of no activity when sitting on its base
- 30 seconds when unit is face down or on its side
Please note: When the unit shuts off, you may have to wait until the iron warms up again before resuming to iron. This should only take a few moments. The heat indicator light should be on to tell you when it’s ready.
Even though this iron is pricy, it is worth it because of all the features. I like the 400 steam holes that provides even steam distribution on the soleplate. This makes ironing out wrinkles a lot easier and quicker. It also heats up very quickly as well.
Another plus is the vertical ironing to iron drapes and hanging clothes. Also, you can dry iron using this product by turning of the auto-steam feature. It uses tap water to operate and not distilled.
You don’t have to take it from me, you can read over 14,000+ customer reviews and 91% of them rate this iron 4 stars and above.
This iron is an Amazon’s Choice and is a Prime shipping product too.
- 400 Steam Holes for Even Steam Distribution
- Auto-Cleaning System
- Anti-Calcium System
- Angled Precision Tip
- 3-Way Auto Shut-Off
- 10 Ounce Water Tank
- Vertical Steam Feature
- 100g/min Steam Burst
- Dry Ironing Feature
- Uses Tap Water
- Anti-Drip Lid
Shop Rowenta DW5080 Steam Iron
You can shop for this iron by clicking on the link below. You will be taken to Amazon where you can place the order.
Go back to the Pros Cons Shopping home page.