Make A Masculine Statement With A Great Looking Analog Watch!
Do you know what an analog watch is? Well, an analog watch is one that tells time that is not digital but is indicated by a continuous motion of hands on the watch. These hands are minute, hour and in some models, the seconds. How to buy the best analog men’s watch will provide you with all of the information you need to buy the best one for any occasion.
Watches not only tell the time, but also can make a statement. Most watches are purchased for specific occasions, matching outfits or just for a personal touch and look sharp. Analog watches also come in handy when you are lost and trying to find true North.
When trying to determine the best analog watch to buy you must decide on the features and style you want. Let’s take a look at some of them.
The features of any watch must fit the main reason to purchase it. So, before shopping, you can select and note the specific features your watch must have. This will help keep the expense of the watch within the budget range you have set.
Below are some of the basic features any analog watch may have:
- Brand or Manufacture
- Case Material
- Band Material
- Band Color
- Water Resistance
- Crystal Type
Of the features mentioned above, the major ones that will impact the cost the most are; brand, case material, movement, water resistance and crystal type.
Analog Watch Styles
Analog watches can come in various styles and they are mentioned below:
- Chronograph – This style watch is for keeping a log for timing events or activities. Can also be used as a sports watch.
- Sports – This style of watch is for diving, swimming, running etc.
- Dress – This style is for looking your best for any occasion.
- Luxury – This style of watch is for making a statement.
Each of the above styles can be used for specific occasions. For example, luxury watches can be very expensive like any Rolex model, and some are very nice that carry a price tag of under $100.
- Acrylic or Plastic
As you go from top to bottom, the cost of the crystal increases and so will the watch.
Selecting Your Watch
In selecting any watch you must decide the occasion it will fit. If for normal wear, an inexpensive one can be an excellent choice. If for a special occasion like a wedding, anniversary, birthday or graduation celebrations, a more expense watch can be appropriate. If for everyday wear or work a model for under $100 will probably meet the need. If for scuba diving or underwater adventures, a water resistant or “Diver’s” watch will be required.
Here are some simple guidelines to follow:
- Determine the occasion and use of the watch.
- Determine the style of watch. As mentioned above, there are four styles; chronograph, dress, luxury or sports watches. Decide on the style.
- Look for the manufacture or brand of watch you are interested in.
- How much can you afford to spend? Have a range of prices in mind before you begin.
- Movement Type – There are four types; automatic or self-wind, battery, manual wind or solar. Determine the movement you want the watch to have.
- Place all watches you have looked at and are thinking about purchasing into categories. Place the selections for the style in the following order: Price, crystal type, case material, band, movement, and color. If for diving, water resistance level and if “Diver’s” is printed on the dial face.
- Compare all the selections. If price is not an issue, look for the overall impression each one gives you. Select only those that make a good first impression. Or, if buying for everyday wear, one that fits your overall dress style.
- Go to any jewelry store or a store that sells watches and look for your style watch with the features you want. Try it on. How does it feel? How does it look on you? Look in a mirror to see the best results. Ask the rep if the watch comes with a warranty. If yes, ask what is covered with it. If it’s a battery operated one, do they replace the batteries. If not, where?
- The price for the style of watch may vary from store to store. However, the features of the watch will not. You may also want to check out your watch online at Amazon or other watch selling sites. You can read the customer reviews and get a sense of how they feel about the watch.
- After doing all of this homework, you can make your purchase either online or at the store.
As you can see, finding a watch does take some time and effort. Knowing the reason for its purchase and the budget you have available are probably the two most important factors prior in making any watch purchase.
As you review the watches in your price range, just focus in on the features you want the watch to have. Some of these features are; movement, crystal type, case material and water resistance, just to name a few. Each of these features does impact the final cost of the watch.
When you have made the decision on the model, wear it with pride and be prepared to provide answers when asked by others why you selected it.